Key Skills Required: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, jQuery.
Planet Smart City is a leading proptech company which designs and builds smart, affordable neighbourhoods that provide more than just homes.
With a global footprint in the affordable housing market across both emerging and developed markets, Planet enhances its residents' quality of life and reduces their cost of living by applying its expertise in social innovation, community creation, IoT smart solutions integration, and services. Its smart, sustainable and socially inclusive neighbourhoods are supported by the unrivalled services of the Planet App, Planet Smart City's proprietary digital platform which enables residents to engage with each other and the neighbourhood around them.
Planet Smart City tackles the global housing crisis in countries with large housing deficits and works in partnership with developers worldwide to revitalise existing communities.
Being in the scale-up phase in India we operate in a dynamic environment with great opportunities for future growth for the company and the members of the team.
· Design, Develop, Implement, Test, Document and Maintain high quality Web Application and Web Service Software.
· Managing and delivery of projects from conceptualization, visualization to technology mapping and final execution of projects.
· Understanding and implementing of project management practices.
· Design simple and intuitive user interfaces - the creation of examples through wireframes and mockups.
· Optimization of PHP Code and database queries and functions through Code Review and Project Review Sessions.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
· Improve the technical competence of the team through training & development of existing and new team members.
· Provide accurate effort estimates for deliverable and be committed to the deadlines through follow-up of tasks with team members.
· Research and actively learn about new technologies and introduce them into the infrastructure.
· Ability to handle technical queries raised by the development team and provide support and guidance to them.
· Excellent Communication skills.
· 2 to 4 years of development experience.
· Advanced PHP and Laravel experience
· Strong database skills, proven experience with MySQL 5 and other RDBMS having knowledge of indexes, full-text searches, usage of Regular Expressions in queries and more.
· Strong knowledge of OOPs concepts and OOAD using Design Patterns.
· Excellent knowledge of Applications Architecture and how to work with Frameworks with MVC architecture.
· Strong Knowledge of Code Repository and Version Control Systems like SVN, GIT, CVS, Vault, TFS, VSS or any other.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges.
· An ideal candidate should have experience creating highly trafficked websites.
· Ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to manage priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Type of contract: