Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: London, UK / Turin, Italy
Planet Smart City fosters a culture of inclusivity that reflects our mission in addressing one of the most pressing current global issues: affordable housing.
More than 1.6 billion people currently live in unsafe and overcrowded housing.
We create cities and districts that are economically, environmentally and socially sustainable by integrating the best architecture and engineering with the use of smart technology, digitalisation, resilient infrastructure and intelligent urban planning to provide high-quality, low-cost homes not only for today but for future generations.
People and communities are put at the heart of our neighbourhoods, improving lives by enabling a circular economy and offering social innovation programmes, which help promote strong and supportive communities that nurture relationships and are enriched with services at a local level.
By embracing high-impact, long-term value creation in all our projects, we want to change cities and lives for the better.
Together, we are pioneering new standards for affordable housing which will create lasting value for our business and society present and future.
· Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
· Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on Procurement processes and new projects and activities
· Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
· Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
· Prepare reports and updates as and when required
· Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
· Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff, and visitors
· Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, procurement policies and procedures and guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process
· Conduct research for new components, services and suppliers
· Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
· Claims management skills
· Improvement of green, ethic and impact friendly procurement strategies
· Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders, and suppliers
· Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities
· Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
· Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture, and customer order fulfilment
· Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
· Keen attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated abilities in ERP based systems such as ORACLE, SAP etc.
· Demonstrated abilities in e-procurement tool such as: vendors portal, e-auction etc.
· Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial
English: full professional, essential.
Italian: highly desirable.
· Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
· Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
· Proactively contributes to the team
· Actively committed to team's development
· Is self-aware and optimistic
· Shows moral courage, openness, and honesty in all dealings
Experience and Qualifications:
· Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
· Previous experience of working in a procurement team preferably within indirect organisation and project environment
· Good knowledge of procurement, negotiation, commercial understanding, and cost breakdown
· Experience of working closely with suppliers
· Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements
· Proven ability to work in multicultural virtual environment and lead / coordinate activities for offices located throughout the world
· Computer literate, with advanced Excel/PowerPoint/Word skills/abilities
Type of contract: