Planet Smart City is a leading, innovative proptech company that designs and builds smart, affordable neighbourhoods around the world. Out unique proposition combines our digital know-how and strong sense of social responsibility to build sustainable, connected communities to improve the lives of residents today and in the years ahead.
With a global footprint in the affordable housing sector across emerging and development markets, our expertise in smart solutions integration, digital technologies, services and social innovation enhances residents' quality of life. Embracing digital transformation, we place our communities at the heart of company activities and create sustainable value for shareholders.
Our smart and socially inclusive neighbourhoods are supported by the unrivalled services of the Planet App, the front-end of Planet Smart City's proprietary digital platform, which enables residents to engage which each other and their neighbourhood. In tackling the global housing deficits, we focus on generating positive social impact and have created an innovative format for smart developments that can be replicated worldwide.
Founded by Italian real-estate entrepreneurs Giovanni Savio and Susanna Marchionni in 2015 and chaired by physicist and entrepreneur Stefano Buono, Planet Smart City is headquartered in the UK, with offices in Brazil, India and Italy.
Planet Smart City's Real Estate Business Unit is engaged in the building, co-development and regeneration of cities, districts, and neighbourhoods both at horizontal and vertical scale.
Poised for global scale-up, Planet is looking to replicate the success of the completed flagship projects across new countries and regions, in a modular, efficient, sustainable fashion, with the construction target of 45,000 units per year by 2030.
As part of the RE Business Operations Team, the RE Analyst reports to the Portfolio Manager in Italy and is responsible for analysing RE projects under development in Brazil, India and USA and potential RE investment opportunities across target countries (Colombia, Indonesia).
- Assisting Portfolio Manager's investment activities through the analysis of business plans and underwriting assumptions for new opportunities and business plan development for projects currently under development, including modelling discounted cash flows.
- Supporting Portfolio Manager's decision-making process through the analysis of potential partners and projects to maximise returns and mitigate risks.
- Investigating deviations from standard KPIs and escalating issues and concerns to Portfolio Manager to minimise deviation from standards.
- Validating and consolidating data on RE projects from multiple internal stakeholders (Finance Managers, Construction Managers, Legal Managers).
- Carrying out business intelligence activities, including market analyses and competitor analyses, to investigate external factors which may impact company performance, in order to provide a comprehensive view of the business to support strategy setting and implementation.
Requirements & Soft Skills:
- 1-2 years of full-time experience within Real Estate and/or Investment Banking/PE.
- Proficiency in financial modelling.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
- Autonomous, initiative and result driven culture.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage fast paced scale-up environment/high growth company.
- A team‐player who feels comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and are self-motivated, energetic and passionate about real estate.
- Fluent written and spoken English, Spanish and Portuguese are a bonus.
What we offer:
· Working in one of Italy's fastest growing Companies and actively shaping the Real Estate Proptech revolution.
· Working with a variety of countries, corporate partners and developers providing broad international real estate experience.
· Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams in Italy and across geographies and build broad international deal experience.
· Starting a motivating path where professional growth is potentially rapid and of high quality, all the while being part of an impact driven work environment in the reference territories and communities.
· Staying up-to-date - whether it's company figures during our townhalls or how digital solutions work in Planet developments, you'll always know exactly what's going on.
Type of contract: