Planet Smart City is a leading, innovative proptech company that designs and builds smart, affordable neighbourhoods around the world. Out unique proposition combines our digital know-how and strong sense of social responsibility to build sustainable, connected communities to improve the lives of residents today and in the years ahead.
With a global footprint in the affordable housing sector across emerging and development markets, our expertise in smart solutions integration, digital technologies, services and social innovation enhances residents' quality of life. Embracing digital transformation, we place our communities at the heart of company activities and create sustainable value for shareholders.
Our smart and socially inclusive neighbourhoods are supported by the unrivalled services of the Planet App, the front-end of Planet Smart City's proprietary digital platform, which enables residents to engage which each other and their neighbourhood. In tackling the global housing deficits, we focus on generating positive social impact and have created an innovative format for smart developments that can be replicated worldwide.
Planet Smart City is headquartered in the UK, with offices in Brazil, India and Italy.
IT Engineer with strong specializations regarding cloud, physical and virtualized infrastructure, networking and disaster recovery.
Keep hardware systems up-to-date, guarantee their functionality and business continuity. Plan maintenance and upgrades, monitor performance and plan for replacement when necessary.
Design cloud, hardware and software solutions appropriate to the needs.
· Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure management
· VMware environment management.
· Backup infrastructure management.
· Data Replication and Disaster Recovery management.
· Monitoring and Alert system management.
· Prepare the documentation accurately.
· Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults in collaboration with IT Infrastructure dept. members.
· Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
· Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with all other professionals.
· Testing and evaluating new technology if necessary.
· Keep up to date with the ever-changing specific software and operating systems.
· Place hardware into production by establishing necessary connections into the existing environment (Server, Storage, Switch).
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
· Ensure Planet policies and procedures are understood and followed at all times.
· Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/ supervisors.
· In order to better understand and/or support users' difficulties, occasional international traveling time is foreseen.
Skills and Experiences requested
- 7+ years experiences (mandatory)
- English speaking and writing (mandatory)
- MS Azure certifications
- Vmware Certification
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Fortinet certification
Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science is a plus.